Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Conversation in Philadelphia While on the Way to Get Pizza.

In 1972, he asked, who was the mayor of Philadelphia? Rizzo.
I was born too, I said as if to everybody.
You know what I like about Philly? he said. Lorenzo’s.
Also, the girls are sweet and all have a little bellyfat.
I like looking out at the Schuylkill.
I liked riding the streets on my bicycle.

Where I live now, I said, I never ride my bicycle.
It sits in a dirty old garage, as dead as Rizzo.
He asked, how do you spell Schuylkill?
s-c-h-u-y-l-k-i-l-l. That’s asked by everybody.
Well jiggle my bellyfat.
Hey, let’s go get a slice at Lorenzo’s.

The Italian Market in South Philly has the original Lorenzo’s.
I used to ride there on my bicycle.
He said, enough about bicycles, let’s talk about bellyfat.
You know who had bellyfat? Big Mayor Rizzo.
On the way to the market let’s look at Shira’s mural of everybody.
I said, make a left here over the Schuylkill.

Onto the Spring Garden Street bridge; Powelton Village ahead of us; over the Schuylkill.
How’s this for gorgeous? What a mural. I can’t wait for Lorenzo’s.
She painted the neighborhood. Everybody.
I pulled him out of the street. Watch out for that bicycle.
Jesus Christ to Rizzo!
I think that bicyclist touched my bellyfat.

You don’t have any bellyfat.
That’s because every morning I swim in the Schuylkill.
Yeah right, and my father is Frank Rizzo.
You don’t have have bellyfat because you don’t eat enough Lorenzo’s.
Actually, I ride my bicycle.
Actually, you’re just not from Philly, like people I know. Everybody.

So you know everybody?
Shut up and touch my bellyfat.
Hmm, looks like someone else could use a ride on a bicycle.
If you don’t be quiet I’ll throw you in the Schuylkill.
You’re just getting’ tough ‘cause you’re from Philly. What you need is some Lorenzo’s.
Duh! By the way, how did we start talking about Rizzo?

I don’t know, but I think everybody should swim in the Schuylkill.
I think we should write a paper about bellyfat and Lorenzo’s.
Who I wonder was ever on a bicycle was Rizzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment