Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things I have seen since June 22, 2011:

Bill Callahan playing a small guitar, in a light-colored suit, restrained movements to music
Two plates of eggs Benedict
The horse in the hole on the ceiling
The marine layer
A sunset
Poker chips quadrupling
Words written by Donald Barthelme
A cave
People over 60 who enjoy each others' company a lot
Ribs
A cousin I haven’t seen in over twenty years
An ex-aunt I haven’t seen in longer but who sweetly sends Christmas gifts every year
Los Angeles phototography in an Aspen museum
Snow
A moose with no horns
A Miss South Dakota beauty pageant parade
Mt. Rushmore
A field of bison
An art show curated by John Waters
Bookstores in small towns
The silver bean that has a belly button I didn’t know about in Chicago
Glen Hansard singing to thousands of people in a park
True fear
Art close up that I could have touched if I wanted, aspects of which that were only viewable with a magnifying glass
A documentary about the woman who was burned by McDonald’s coffee
The place that is the real universe of Tim & Eric, western PA…
A girl running from a minivan up a sloped road that led to a Comfort Inn
Discomfort from eating badly
Several morning newstainment programs
My mother carried on an embracing breeze as I crossed the bridge onto the island where I am now

No comments:

Post a Comment